Thursday, April 12, 2018

A Different Script Background

So the past three posts showcased a small script stamp, but it's not the only script stamp I have. In fact, I have several script stamps, including a wood-mounted one that is rather large and has great spacing between the lines. It's perfect for expanding the background to cover more space on the card.

Of course, there's still plenty of white space.




Note that the butterflies are still from Hero Arts Antique Engravings, but with a kaleidoscope of butterflies rather than one or two. (Full disclosure: I had to look up what a large group of butterflies is called. Isn't a kaleidoscope cool? I thought so! If you've ever been in a well-populated butterfly house, kaleidoscope certainly is apt for the experience.)




The speckles are off-stamped Archival cobalt, while the butterflies are full-strength of the same ink.

Very light edging of ink on the stamped panel and raised panel give a bit of definition to the layers without the need to mat anything.

Tomorrow, I'll actually post a card that doesn't use Antique Engravings. So yay! But I do love the set and will keep it forever. I hope you've enjoyed seeing it paired with two different script stamps.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Antique Engravings; Gina K sentiment; StampinUp speckled background
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Archival cobalt, black; Hero Arts soft granite
accessories: dimensionals

12 comments:

  1. Have thoroughly enjoyed this series of script backgrounds with those OUTSTANDING butterflies.(and blue is my favorite color:)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful series! Always love those Hero Arts butterflies. I'm way too quick to reach for newer products and should use my older, beautiful stash much more often, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes some intentional effort to pull out the older stuff, but it's pretty awesome!

      Delete
  3. This is my favorite of all the script cards. I think it is perfect.
    I appreciate knowing that a gathering of butterflies is a kaleidoscope! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed this series of cards, Susan, and this one is definitely my favourite. I was encouraged by a post of yours from a few years ago to buy this stamp set, and I am so grateful - it makes truly delightful cards! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad you were able to get this set. It's truly a classic!

      Delete
  5. Script speaks to me every time. I am loving you reminding us of your favorite card layouts. 1 and 2 are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite butterfly stamps, love them paied with the script, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!