Wednesday, December 6, 2017

A Merry Merry Card

Placement on a clean-and-simple card makes or breaks the design. If something is a little too far right or left, a little too high or low, the whole looks wrong. There's simply no place to hide in CAS design.

So when I made a card in which everything was shifted a bit too high and to the left, I trimmed the right and lower edges of the card until it all turned out right.




This card uses a die I ordered with my birthday gift card to Papertrey. Years ago, a kind reader sent me cuts from this die, and they were simply delightful. Now the die is mine, and there's a Cuttlebug sitting in my craft room with which to use it.

My, how times have changed.

Change is good. Without it, there is no growth. But don't worry. As this card proves, the essence of Simplicity will not change with the addition of a Cuttlebug. Oh, no. Simple I am, and simple I will remain.

This card has only three elements: a bow, die-cut word, and stamped sentiment. The gingham bow makes a bold statement at its jaunty angle, and by stamping Merry Christmas in red to match, I enhanced the unity of the card. The lime green is non-traditional and adds interest.

That ribbon is very soft and won't be as hard to mail as it looks like it would be. I so rarely use ribbon these days, but this one made me happy. I got it right on the first try.

Yay, me!

Love, peace, hope, and joy,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Keep It Simple Christmas
ink: Tim Holtz die ink in cherry red
paper: unknown lime, Papertrey white
accessories: ribbon, glue dot, PTI word die, glue pen

5 comments:

  1. Love this card! It just looks so happy with it's jaunty bow and the lime green Merry. Large word dies pack a powerful punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a awesome card. It made my morning. Now I am very merry ( no pun intended) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly delightful and happy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!