Sunday, November 26, 2017

Guys Have Birthdays, Too

Making cards for guys can be tough. When I saw this pin, I knew I could come up with something similar, and here it is.



You'll note there's an elegance to the inspiration card that's utterly lacking in my version. I simply don't have the dies to duplicate what Daniela did. But the idea of a deer looking out from behind a tree, of a snowy background, and soft neutral colors absolutely came from her lovely card. The rest rocks a masculine vibe that will be perfect for one of my nephews.

The stamps and die are from Papertrey's In the Meadow set, and the birthday stamp is from Clearly Besotted's A Little Sentimental. The paper is one of PTI's natural cardstocks, so it's softer than stark white and works well with the light browns.

I even stamped an envelope to match.




Perfect for a January birthday...all thanks to Daniela's elegant inspiration.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey, Clearly Besotted
ink: Hero Arts soft wheat, soft brown
paper: Papertrey natural cardstock
accessories: Papertrey tree die, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! The natural cardstock looks great and loving how you are using the dies with your cards. I've also been admiring how you stamp your envelopes. Thank you for sharing your creations with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you pick up a die cutting machine whilst I was away? This is a lovely card and can be duplicated with whatever deer and tree you have (spans many companies).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great take on your inspiration card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!