Thursday, April 6, 2017

More Yarbs

My grandma was raised in Cleveland County, North Carolina, and she used colorful pronunciation for comic effect. She called her brassieres zizzers, banana pudding nanner puddin', and herbs yarbs.

"Put more yarbs in that stew pot!"

That popped into my head as I looked at today's cards, which are elegant and refined, unlike my grandma's comic pronunciations.

Interestingly, both make me very happy.






Pink and gold are all the rage right now, which means that for the second time in a week I am perfectly on trend.

This NEVER happens.

I'm going to celebrate by takin' off my zizzer, puttin' on my jammies, and fantasizin' about my grandma's nanner puddin'. It sure was yummy.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and happy memories,
Susan

P.S. If you're interested, the gold border on the raised panels was created by dragging the edges of the panels over the Delicata golden glitz ink pad. If you choose to do this, let the ink dry completely before assembling the card. It takes a bit for the ink to dry completely, and you don't want to smear it. My grandma would have laughed and laughed at you, and fed you nanner puddin' to make you feel better. You'll just cuss and feel sad and have to make your own nanner puddin'.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Fresh Herbs
ink: Delicata golden glitz, Impress Fresh Ink pink lemonade
paper: StampinUp pretty in pink, Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue

1 comment:

  1. Oops, I didn't know pink and gold were the current rage. I'd better get on trend! I do love it. Fun and interesting, your Grandma's pronunciations. My dad was from West Virginia hill country and I grew up hearing quite a few mispronunciations. Now I'm the granny who uses some of those terms just for fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!