Sunday, July 24, 2016

Woe and Whoa!

Today was the last Sunday for our pastor at our church. In a month, our new pastor will be here, and I'm certain she will be a blessing to us all as Suzanne has been. In the interim, we have many gifted lay persons who will preach. But woe is the word for today. I spoke at both services, sharing what I've learned from Pastor Suzanne in nine years of Bible study...and embarrassed myself in front of everyone.

Some very wise, compassionate person made sure we had boxes of tissues in every pew. I wasn't the only one crying. That comforts me.

Grieving for someone who is alive, well, and moving up in the church feels right. After all, she's been a beloved fixture in my life for nearly a decade. I'm grieving, and yet I'm thrilled God has put her in a position to grow and use other gifts.

So woe is me, but go, God!

When I got back from church, I checked the Inspiration Challenge at SCS and found some wonderful fun to distract me from my woe. The challenge is Bowls...and whoa! There are some amazing bowls out there. My inspiration came from THIS PIN. This card was the result:



From the inspiration bowl, I took the color scheme (at least the dark shade looks navy on my iPad...on my computer it looks black, though), the combination of outline and block image, the leaf theme, and the glorious abundance of white space.

I love the combination of outline and block image, and the handwritten cursive script of the sentiment, not to mention its French-ness, make me very happy.

Merci for reading my blog, for putting up with maudlin mood, and for all the comments and emails.

Supplies
stamps: Concord & 9th Wild Flowers, Clear and Simple sentiment
ink: Hero Arts navy, lime
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue

2 comments:

  1. You were very inspired- I can tell. This is wonderful. All the best to your new Pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by bowls?! That's a new one (says the lady with with plain white bowls except the ones with the leopard print on the side that belong to the cats). That's a fancy bowl and your card captured it perfectly. I too really enjoy the outline stamp with the solid splat. The whimsical looking greeting pulls it all together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!