Wednesday, February 17, 2016

One Small Set: Day 2

The small set Spring Hello by Lia Griffith from Hero Arts is so much fun! Yesterday's card set showed a super-CAS option with it, but today's card uses almost every stamp in the small set...and there's still plenty of white space!


The color inspiration for this card comes from THIS PIN. Unfortunately, I didn't have quite the right purples, so I improvised. Remember that's always an option when you're facing a color challenge. Close is good enough in horse shoes, hand grenades, and color inspiration. 

To make the card, I stamped the sentiment first, then masked around it with post-it notes. After stamping, I set the card aside to dry fully (those are pigment inks) and then added the silver lines with a Prisma metallic marker and metal ruler. The metallic ink is opaque and cleans up the masked edge nicely. 

This design feels fresh and fun without being too busy for my CAS-lovin' heart. 

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: various pigment inks
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: post-its, Prisma metallic marker, ruler

3 comments:

  1. This is really nice. It is a really busy card for you, but has plenty of white space to rest the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look, I have tried to do this look and have failed every time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!