Monday, November 3, 2014

OLS#11 Is up and Running!

The November One-Layer Simplicity Challenge is up and running! The theme is Home, Sweet Home...make a card that uses the idea of home as an image or theme. Your card can be any theme, though, as long as the idea of home is present. You'll see I focused on Christmas but was true to the challenge with both image and words.

I hope you'll play along with us!

You can see my first card on the OLS blog, but here's my second. That wonderful sentiment from Papertrey's Peaceful Poinsettia is perfect for this challenge and for my need of Christmas cards. I'm way behind on them this year.



I just adore those fabulous bling hearts!!! I ran out of red ones but colored the clear ones with a red Sharpie marker...an easy fix that adds enormous versatility to clear bling.

I hope you'll join us for the OLS challenge this month. Remember that the OLS Challenge takes a break in December, and will start again in January. If you haven't checked out the collection for the October challenge, you can see it here. There are some amazing fall cards for your inspiration!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (houses), Papertrey (sentiment)
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey
accessories: red Sharpie, clear bling hearts

4 comments:

  1. Great card, Susan! I love the sentiment... but the Peaceful Poinsettias stamp set is in "the vault" at PTI. No way I'm paying $48 for a stamp set. Am I the only one who thinks "the vault" is silly? Anyway, your card is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not alone. When I first saw the vault, I thought it was nuts.But I've also never understood how PTI could say they would never discontinue/retire stamps. Given the numbers of new sets released each month, that business model just didn't seem sustainable (and I didn't even go to business school!). The vault lets them keep their promise. By pricing sets so high, hardly anyone will demand them.

      And no, I love peaceful poinsettia, but no way would I pay $48 for it. There are ALWAYS creative work-arounds. Always.

      Delete
  2. I'll be playing along ;). At least once ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!