Thursday, November 20, 2014

More Joy...with RIBBON!

Insightful reader Marilyn pointed out another way in which the first card on yesterday's post failed...the tree isn't grounded. None of the trees are. They just leak off the card in a floaty mess. No wonder I don't like it.

I think "floatiness" is more tolerable on the second card because of the clearly defined silver border...what happens inside the border stays inside.

Today's card showcases the same Joy stamp as yesterday's card, along with some ribbon, which is shocking because I haven't used ribbon in a long time!


Note the placement of the red portion of the sentiment. This was tough. The descender of the "p" bumped into the "o" of Joy when I lined up the ampersand and the right edge of the "y." I would have had to place the "peace, love &" uncomfortably high to avoid trapped white space. Since I had to shift it to the right, I tried to align the slant of the "y" with the straight, upward movement of part of the ampersand. I think it worked rather well to relate the red and green portions of the sentiment to each other!

I'm trying to decide whether to round the bottom corners of the card. How do y'all feel about them? Should they be rounded? Should all four corners be rounded? Or should I leave them alone?

TIA!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Wonderful Words: Joy mini stamp set
ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy; Hero Arts red royal
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, Corner Chomper, circle punch, ribbon

5 comments:

  1. RIBBON! I remember ribbon. I have a room full of ribbon. Ah, those were the days. But YOURS looks fabby. :)

    And I enjoy reading your obsession over sentiment placement. It makes me think more about mine, and maybe there's reasons I don't always like them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great maybe try the top straight cut & see if you like. How did you do the ribbon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would round the bottom corners...love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh....my favorite word front and center :) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card - it's nice to see the ribbon!
    I'm kind of a nut for symmetry, so I'd round the bottom corners....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!