Sunday, August 3, 2014

An Easy Fix for an OLS#8 Card

As I was making samples for the OLS challenge, I ended up with a card that just didn't look right. It used this color combination as inspiration:




I just love daisies!!!

Now for the card, which is a fun underwater scene using stamps from A Muse (kelp), Papertrey (fish and bubbles) , and Echo Park Paper (sentiment). A quick glance will show you the problem with the card...the scene is unpleasantly off-center. As your eye (if it's anything like mine) moves around the design, it fights with the white space.

Awkward and unbalanced design


So I trimmed the excess from the right and bottom edges, and now, the design doesn't fight your eye. The sentiment is roughly on the one-third line at the bottom of the card and anchors the whole design nicely.

Much better!

I hope you'll play along with OLS#8 this month! Remember that the challenge runs until the 24th of the month, and that you can enter as many cards as you like. Have fun!!!

Supplies
stamps: A Muse, Echo Park, Papertrey
ink: VersaColor (teal), Hero Arts (butter bar, rust)
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: corner rounder

10 comments:

  1. Just a little trim makes such a difference. Cool card.
    Is the blonde hair on the fish for extra effect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be Daisy's contribution to the card! Good eyes. I'm so used to seeing her fur everywhere that I didn't notice. Good grief.

      Delete
  2. I like your cards. So simple and clean. Beautiful.
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the original and I love the new version even better! I love this bright card. I've made a card using this colour combo (to be shared sometime this week) but it looks nothing like this one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing your eye for the tiny adjustment = fabulous improved card - even with the added hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the first card, but I like the "fix" even more. Your eye for design amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love love love the colours there. The design is perfect. Love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a good teacher. As soon as you noted the card was amiss I came up with it being the bottom too long. If I had cut that off and looked again I probably would have noticed the right side next.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! I love how you combined three different stamp sets for one CAS card. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!