Thursday, July 24, 2014

Holiday Sentiments, Part 3

Creating a border with words seemed a natural choice for my next card with Clearly Besotted's Holiday Sentiments set. So I did it.




After I'd stamped the border, I wasn't sure what to do with it. The card was pretty and all, but it had no focal point, and I stared at the card for the longest time trying to come up with something, anything, to pull this card together.

So I borrowed the idea of topping joy with holly from yesterday's card, and God bless us, every one!

And now I have to vent. About five minutes after leaving my sister's house this morning to drive back to Ohio, my car was rear-ended while stopped at a traffic light. STOPPED, people! My big Mazda CX-9 in dark RED. How did the guy not see it?!?!?! Arrrghhh! Fortunately, we were not injured, he was not injured, and my car was drivable, which is more than I can say for his car, which was probably totaled. But the rest of my day was pretty miserable (500 miles, plus a few extra for missed exits and poorly chosen exits...sigh), and now I'm home, tired, and wined up.

Let it go, Susan. Let. It. Go.

I still have to talk to insurance companies. And a body shop. And a car rental place. I can't let it go, people. This will go on for weeks. WEEKS!!!

I'm happy to be home. But it sure was fun visiting my mom, sister, and her family. Pictures forthcoming on my other blog. As soon as I knock this chip off my shoulder.

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted
ink: various
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: rhinestones

8 comments:

  1. Susan, I'm so happy no one was injured in the accident. Was the other driver distracted by a cell phone??? I really like your color combo and the way you placed the holly. Your combination of fonts really catches the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear no one got injured. Hope the insurance stuff can be sorted out quickly. Earlier this year we had to wait 4 months before getting the money after a neighbour drove backward onto the main road (looking left and right but not towards the rear where our card stood with a runing motor while my husband was opening the gates in front of our house). It took so long because our Greek neighbour had neglected to report the incident to his own insureance broker. Duh.
    Sorry, I'm digressing. I just came over to admire your card and to thank you for the inspiration. Better go and check out my sentiment stamps ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. Happy to hear that no one was injured. A car can be fixed or replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love how you have been using these stamps Susan. They look stitched to me. Glad you were not injured in the car accident. What a bother, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got rear-ended at a stop light in the rental car I had to have since my car was in the shop for 8 months after someone "T'd" me when they ran a red light. I'd been at rest for at least a minute, and the fourth car from the light. The driver didn't have insurance and fled the scene; a witness checked on me, but "didn't want to get involved" and wouldn't leave her contact information. I teared up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these clearly besotted cards -so sorry about your accident - was the guy on his mobile ? seems to be the biggest cause of accidents these days - good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea about the mobile. Wouldn't surprise me, though. Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!