Tuesday, June 10, 2014

UYS: Memory Box Penguins

As I worked through my box of wood-mounted fauna stamps, I found my rarely-used Memory Box penguins. They're so darn cute, but I didn't buy the sentiment that went with them and they just seem a bit hard to use as a result.

My favorite is "my" stamp...the one I recommended they make...the Aviator Penguin. You can find the story on this old post from June 2010.

So here is a series of (mostly) black-and-white penguin cards. They are very basic, very simple, and inspired by several different projects from 1000 Greetings.










You might notice that I created a "ground" for the last two with a pen-drawn line. I'm not sure it's necessary (although I imagine Her Royal Rubberness Julie Ebersole would say it is!). You may feel inspired to give the pen-and-ruler grounding technique a try. It is pretty easy and extremely cool. 

Supplies
stamps: Memory Box, Papertrey (sentiments from Sign Language and another set whose name I can't remember)
ink: Memento black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: Memento markers, Micron black pen, ruler

8 comments:

  1. Fab set of cards - love the minimalist feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute I just want to take these little guys home! Thanks for the inspiration once again, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, they are sooo cute. Thecards look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these Penguin cards, Susan. I have one and only penguin stamp. Since hubby is a doctor, I thought it's most appropriate I own one. I made these for OLW! https://www.flickr.com/photos/15636237@N04/5407425317/ ( I stamped a lot in these one layer cards!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are delightful - the grounding with a one and ruler is a nice technique. Thanks for the lesson :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards. I have a couple Memory Box Penguins but have yet to use them on one-layer cards. How do you determine if the penguin (or other critter) needs grounding? I've never heard of the pen and ruler grounding technique, just the shading technique and I don't shade well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards. I have a couple Memory Box Penguins but have yet to use them on one-layer cards. How do you determine if the penguin (or other critter) needs grounding? I've never heard of the pen and ruler grounding technique, just the shading technique and I don't shade well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would think grounding would be preferential. I like the idea of grounding lone figures. Thanks you for sharing that little gem! You are awesome! I believe my only question would be....where can I get penguins like yours?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!