Wednesday, June 11, 2014

One-Layer Simplicity Challenge #6: I've Been Framed

Finally getting my OLS#6 card posted...sorry it took so long! What a fun challenge...to use a frame stamp or make a frame somehow on a one-layer card.

I've only got one frame stamp, and I struggled to make something I liked with it. Then, I received an order of Clearly Besotted stamps and had a brainstorm with the Holiday Sentiments set. The stylized pine bough was PERFECT for a frame!


At first, I used one of the three-berry stamps in the center of each side, but the card still needed a little something, so I covered those stamps with red rhinestones, which was just what the doctor ordered.

I adore this card and will make more of them! And I never would have made it if not for this challenge, so thanks, Karen!

Come join us at One-Layer Simplicity!

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted
ink: Memento cottage green, SU real red
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: red rhinestones

5 comments:

  1. Love your stamping - it's perfect. And the rhinestone berries are a great finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card! Love the berries, and by changing up the sentiment, a great card to duplicate without getting mind numbing :)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your card turned out! So happy you were inspired by the challenge.
    hugs mf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well done! Love the blingy berries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your generous postings, I always learn something good from you, and see something pretty, too. I think you would enjoy the Nordic Winter set from Waltzingmouse: http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/products/nordic-winter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!