Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hello, Sunshine

FYI--Regarding yesterday's post about conditioning stamps...I was very satisfied with the MFT stamps. Only the bold font images needed a little light rubbing with an eraser, just as one would expect. The Echo Park Paper stamps were the ones that gave me trouble, and once I broke the code on them and went the extra mile with cleaner and rubbing, they work just fine, and I really like the images.  I will report the problem with them to Echo Park. Thanks for all your input!

We're enjoying lovely weather in northern Minnesota...sunny and highs in the 70s. The water is a tad chilly for this southern wimp, but the kids have enjoyed it.

Obviously, we're not in a tropical paradise, but I love today's card with its stylized scene of just that.




The beach and water were made using an old, discontinued Hero Arts stamp from a set of fun shapes. I inked part of the stamp in brown and part in blue to create the idea of a beach, using the bigger side for sand because that big umbrella would have looked dorky sticking up out of that little hump. I like how this card layout balanced both weight and color.

I don't like the missing comma in the sentiment. Alas!

Supplies
stamps: Echo Park Paper, Gina K (sentiment), Hero Arts (shadow)
ink: Memento, Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: none

7 comments:

  1. Susan, cute beach card. I love how you used the Hero Arts Shadow set here and on past cards. You do so much with that set. I really should get mine out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your card very much, such ingenuity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever card, Susan! I love it! If it was 26c outside (79f), I don't think I'd be getting in the water, either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying this blue and orange color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea and very pleasing to the eye. Could be a Hallmark card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've made the sea and beach! And MN isn't the tropics? For Canadians it might be. :)

    And I'd totally add that missing comma with a brown marker. *itchy*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!