Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Gradual Return to "Normal"

Catching up after being away is exhausting. It's after 10 a.m., and I'm still in my jammies today, finally feeling like maybe I can settle down. I still have to pick up Jack's fish, who vacationed at a friend's house, but that's about it.

Going through the mail that accumulated while we were away was surprisingly fun as there were two pieces of happy mail amidst all the junk and magazines and bills.

First up, here's a lovely card George and I received before we left from Patti M., who remembered our anniversary. I love the combination of patterns and solids on this monochromatic beauty, and the sweet sentiment written inside touched my heart.



Up next is a package from my friend Linda E., who really went overboard with the thanks with a card, change purse, and white card stock samples.

Don't you love how she decorated the envelope to match the card?

Awesome coloring...so vivid and cheerful!

A felt change purse with such happy colors and detailing!



Finally, Joyce M. sent a fabulous one-layer card along with a generous assortment of butterfly die cuts packaged in an adorable handmade envelope.

Gorgeous colors plus debossing to add definition and texture

Another great use for washi tape

These are going to be so much fun to play with!

Y'all are so talented, and you have no idea how uplifted I am that you share your talent with me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And now, to shower and go pick up a fish...and then, hopefully, to stamp!

7 comments:

  1. always a pleasure to tell you how much you are appreciated
    many blessings
    patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing the cards you receive. Really like your Kaleidacolor cards too. When you get settled back into "normal routine" could you give an update on Jonah? I need to get another card out to him soon. Have been super busy -- daughter is getting married in Aug. so there is much to do.
    thanks
    tonilea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you shared the cards you received. I love to learn and am so excited to see the flowers outlined in green. How perfect for those images and all I have ever seen is outlines in blues and grays and browns all in the palest of shades and, why, this just jumped right into the creative part of my heart! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see my card up on your blog. I am returning from a week away, and am very very slowly getting caught up. Hope you can have some fun with those butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I just have to say that I am completely jealous of your change purse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!