Saturday, June 28, 2014

Gettin' Fancy with Pamphlet Stitch

Yesterday's tutorial on adding inserts to your cards with pamphlet stitching shows a very basic card. Today's card gets all fancy and stuff.



This card (which fits in a 7.5" x 3.5" standard envelope) uses a textured card stock with a deckle edge for the cover. I folded the card base so the bottom of the card stuck out a bit from the deckle edge on the top of the card. I masked the back of the card's inside edge and sponged Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink. That sponging creates a nice contrast that highlights the deckling.




Gold metallic thread and pleasantly yellowed adhesive epoxy letter stickers give a nice feel of unity this very simple but striking card.

The insert is made from 90lb, hot-press watercolor paper. Hot-press watercolor paper is very smooth and easy to write on, unlike the textured paper on the outside of the card.

As you can see, this technique of the pamphlet stitch is incredibly versatile. You can keep it very simple or dress it up and take it out to a fancy restaurant.

Why not see what sort of variation YOU can come up with? I double-dog dare ya!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Susan. It's so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm chuckling over "pleasantly yellowed adhesive epoxy letter stickers". I think I finally got rid of mine before the move. But they work here, and pleasantly so!

    I actually took an intro book-binding class a few years ago, but I've forgotten everything. This post and the previous one awakened a few cells in the grey matter. I might give it a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!