Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Happy Day to Use a Scrap

I'm so excited that 187 of you have liked Simplicity by LateBlossom on Facebook! I truly hope this helps those of you who aren't receiving posts by email because of the Feedburner bug.

Also, some of you who don't visit a lot of blogs might find it easier to favorite a list of links to my blogs and to the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge team members' blogs. You'll find that list here: Work-Around List

And now to today's card.

I found a largish scrap of white card stock on my desk and thought, "Can I use this as it is, without trimming it?"

I was rather pleased with the result:



The design is somewhat unconventional. It uses halves instead of thirds for the basic design, which is always tricky to pull off. It works (at least, in my opinion) in this case because the stamped panel does use thirds: the top two thirds are branches pointing down to the sentiment in the bottom third. There's a sense of movement as the eye falls down the branches, and the empty half forces your eye up on the stamped panel.

The branch stamp is from a very old set from StampinUp called Artfully Asian. It's really quite pretty and easy to color as well. The sentiment is from a discontinued Hero Arts set. Note how easy it would be to CASE this with pretty much any branch stamp and centered sentiment. I have at least four other branch stamps in my hoard collection that would work equally well for this.

I added hot-pink bling over the berries on the branch stamp rather than coloring them, which adds a touch of additional dimension and shine.

Bling always makes me happy!

What always makes you happy?

Supplies
stamps: StampinUp Artfully Asian, Hero Arts sentiment
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: dimensionals, rhinestones, Memento Markers

5 comments:

  1. This is really a pretty composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you stamp your image first or your sentiment on most cards?

    I think I have this set and am going to try "doing it myself!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After seeing your card I went over to "I Make I Talk" and her dilemma is having ruined the card with a sentiment...oh dear...I'm not alone in life after all.

      Delete
    2. I USUALLY (though not always) stamp the sentiment last and did so in this case. And yes, I ruin cards with the sentiment still. As Joan acknowledges, 12 years isn't long enough to keep from doing that!

      Delete
  3. This totally works! Lovely. I usually add my sentiments last as well, and have botched many of them, but I can almost always salvage it by cutting that part off, or restamping it on a punched or die cut shape and gluing that over top. Of course, that wouldn't work if you wnated it to be a one layer card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!