Thursday, March 6, 2014

UYS Challenge Going Strong

****

I guess pink erasers will work just fine for conditioning clear and rubber stamps! Thanks to everyone who took time to answer that question.

****

As I went through my SU Flowers stamp box for the Use-Your-Stamps Challenge, I found Summer Silhouettes, a gift from a kind reader a few years ago. I'll show the cards I made with it over the next few days.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of cling rubber stamps and have sold or given away most of the ones I own. This set, however, is an absolute keeper. The stamps are beautiful, and they are also easy to make pretty cards with. I don't think I've made a bad card with this set...a sign of intelligent design. And not my intelligence, mind you. Whoever made this set knew what s/he was doing!

So first up is a card using the leaves and flower blossoms in the set. I inked and spritzed these using Hero Arts inks and Glimmer Mist. I'm finding that the Hero Arts inks turn into distress inks when spritzed with water or Glimmer Mist. They turn very blotchy, and some of the colors are unattractive.

Lime Green and Pale Tomato, however, work nicely!



The sentiment is from an old, discontinued Hero Arts clear set...one whose name is lost to time (at least in my craft room). But it's a useful set, and I plan on sending this to a good friend whom I've neglected lately.

****

Finally, I want to offer up thanks to Audrie Magno Gordon and Ardyth Percy-Robb. Though they don't know it, they helped me find my stamping joy again, and I am grateful.

So very grateful.



Supplies
stamps: SU, Hero Arts
ink: Hero Arts lime green and pale tomato; VersaMagic gingerbread
paper: white 120# cover
accessories: dimensionals, Glimmer Mist (the Dazzling Diamonds color, I think)

10 comments:

  1. I am humbled to read this - in whatever little way I helped, I'm glad and thankful! Love the bold colours here and I love your way of finding a method (stamping with all your UYS) to keep yourself going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors - they are quite dynamic. The design is excellently balanced. I'm really trying to use my stamps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I've loved the last three cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I'm glad you've found your stamping joy again. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Restore unto me the joy....I'm glad you found it again. Love the tomato color

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that was scary you having to find your stamping joy! We would all be extremely sad if you didn't create! Love the wonderful bright colors on this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree, that set is fantastic. I find I don't use it all that often because of the cling mount problem, though I do find cleaning them and the blocks with a microfibre cloth helps a great deal.

    Beautiful card. The colors are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Susan!

    In case you want to know the stamp sets name: it is "Thoughtful messages" (CL184). :-)

    I will restart the UYS challenge, too - as soon as I find a little time spot fro stamping...

    Its great feeling to usw these "old" stamps. No need to buy (too much) new ones as long as my room is full of unused ones. Thanks for the challenge.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!