Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Third Use of the Large Background

So, I have shown two clean-and-simple ways to use a large background stamp: 1) as a, well, background all over the card, and 2) as a trio in my favoritest layout ever. Now, let's see how it can be used as a border for a REALLY BIG sentiment.





After I'd punched the three squares from the scrap I stamped with the Looped Flower Pattern stamp from Hero Arts, I still had a lot of the scrap left. Using it to make a border provided just the right graphic interest when paired with the big birthday sentiment from Papertrey (don't know the name...sorry!). Carrying the hot pink over to the sentiment helps unify the two parts of the card and was easy enough to do with post-its on the sentiment.



Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts, Papertrey
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: glue, post-it notes (for masking the sentiment)

6 comments:

  1. Very effective use of the background stamp. If I haven't mentioned it before, I really appreciate you centering and/or cutting your stamped designs so the image is not out of whack. Sometimes I think I'm the only one bothered by that or by added punched edges or paper strips with designs that are not even on both ends. Yes, I am a bit OCD, but you keep me a little more on the sane side -- at least for a few moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that cool background stamp just keeps on giving, doesn't it? I like this card and I really like the two color sentiment. :) BTW, yesterday's "go to" three squares w/sentiment beneath card was terrific, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, the sharp, crispness and the bright colours all make it so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another great lesson. You get a lot of use from your stamps. This is a cool card. I like the dual colored sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea, the coordinating colored sentiment is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you can put a stamped white piece onto a white card and it looks good. When I do it, it looks like I was trying to cover up a goof.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!