Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Winterberry ROCKS!!!!

My new favorite Christmas/winter set is the PTI set Winterberry. Ohmygosh is it easy to work with to create CAS cards. Here's my first card to share with you from this set...three whole layers! Can you believe it?!?!




The color combo is SU marina mist and sahara sand, which I can't remember using together but which make such a peaceful pairing! I did lengthen the card to 6.25" by a shorter 4" to fit the stamped panel better. That sometimes happens when you stamp on a random scrap of white card stock and then want to fit it onto a base after the fact. This card will fit into a standard A4 envelope, so now worries there.

Several people have asked about my promised tutorial on lengthening punched shapes like the folder tab punch. I haven't forgotten, but I've also had next to no time in my craft room lately. All the cards you're seeing came out of a massive stamp marathon when my husband was overseas a few weeks ago. I promise to get that tutorial out as quickly as I can, though.

Have yourselves a merry little Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. Outstanding card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three layers? Really? What did you do with the real Susan? lol... Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo and different card size. Guess I need to branch out a little too. Amazing results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card! I have this set and I like using it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Susan. Another set I might have to investigate buying ....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!