Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Taunting You Once Again with Discontinued Hero Arts Stamps

Apparently, my post yesterday sparked a bidding war on eBay for the discontinued Hero Arts set. Or at least that's what reader Phyllis thinks may have happened. Anyway, this card uses another stamp from that same set...which is called Horizontal Graphics, for anyone else who's interested.

Good luck to those of you searching for it! It's pretty awesome.

Anyway, here's the card.



The centers of the flowers are dotted with Smooch. As you can see if you have microscopic vision, I put a white dot (gel pen) in the center of the purple flower by the sentiment. I don't like it and will put a purple dot of Smooch on it in the morning. It just looks weird to me now.

Anyway (again), I'm off to bed because I'm tired, which explains the awkward repetitition of anyway in this post.

Supplies
stamps: PTI Tree Tops, Limitless Labels; Hero Arts Horizontal Graphics
ink: Versacolor
paper: PTI
accessories: Smooch, white gel pen

4 comments:

  1. Again, great card. I don't have any Smooch. You really make me want some. I hope you get a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of you searching for the ground that's been discontinued, just thought I'd tell you what I did. I took some leftover rubber from a stamp set I bought (Now I know why I save them!), and carefully drew a ground, just like the one Susan used here, on it with a pen. I cut it out very carefully with good scissors, put double stick tape on the back, put it onto an acrylic block, and voila! I've got Susan's stamp. And it works just fine! Love this card, Susan, such a lovely, different Easter card from the usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card! I like the dots and details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great card for us to admire, makes you want it even more when no longer available. I like the pale contrast to your sentiment flower, it's the inverse of the others on the tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!