Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Easter

Playing around with my Tree Tops stamp set from Papertrey and came up with an Easter card.



LOVE the solid circles you can use to fill in the open-circled tree top. I used hot pink for the outline circles and filled in with light pink because the pink trees in Ohio right now are scrumptious looking and the very image of Easter that I most love...living trees with beautiful pastel blooms full of hope and promise for fruit and life!

The ground was made with an old Hero Arts circle border stamp, and the sentiment is from PTI's Sign Language.

Then, of course, I blinged it. Happy sigh.

For some Christians, the old rugged cross best represents Easter, but on Easter morning at my hometown church, the wooden cross is completely frosted with living flowers to make this point: that the bare wood of torturous death was transformed into our salvation and eternal life.

He arose, and He's inviting us to follow!

If that doesn't necessitate bling, I don't know what does.

16 comments:

  1. I really like this card. I have been struggling with what image to use for Easter cards for my adult sons, but now I know. I don't own this stamp, but I do have a couple of tree stamps that I can use. Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of a better reason to use bling - lots of it!
    Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is Risen, indeed! Lovely reason to bling it up, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMEN! Love the pink tree and all the circles! :) This is fabulous, Susan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card - love the bling on the tree. Absolutely love the flowers on the cross idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I think i will have to CASE this for my Mum's Easter card, I don't own any easter stamps and was having mojo trouble after my recent eye ops. I have some su tree stamps I could bling up. Both eyes are GREAT now, my own personal little miracle!Thanks for visiting me Susan, Hugs from Toulouse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card. I'm still trying to figure out a design for my Easter card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and no better reason to bling! One of the best things about Easter is how our church is transformed from stark emptiness on Good Friday to a beautiful riot of color and fragrance on Easter morning. It takes my breath away every year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the card. And yes, the resurrection is glorious and bling worthy. Our Lord may have died on that cross but he didn't stay there--he arose three days later triumphant over death and hell. And that is reason for celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is a lovely idea for an Easter card. I love the stylized look for the flower laden tree - just super!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "If that doesn't necessitate bling, I don't know what does." That totally made me laugh. Beautiful card, very spring-like and very Easter. I'd go made lining up the circle outlines and the circle fill. I know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute Easter card, Susan. Love the tree, the ground, and the teeny greeting squeezed it. and the bling! This is a great departure from so many usual Easter cards. But every bit as pretty and eye-catching. Lovely idea to pass on to us. Thanks, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so creative, the sentiment as part of the ground is a great idea. The whole thing just flows and the bling is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! Like your tree with it's pink bubble blossoms. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!