Tuesday, January 31, 2012

February Is the Month of Love

And so I'm starting it off with a Valentine that uses a totally cool embellishment Audrie sent me...the tiny key charm!




The heart with the key hole is from a Martha Stewart punch, and the text heart stamp is from StampinUp. I layered the punched heart using tiny dimensionals. The key is attached with a couple of small glue dots. I used a craft knife to tuck the edges of the glue dots under the key, so they barely show.

OLW77
Jennifer will be posting the OLW for this week. Thank goodness she's back and I don't have to do the odd numbers anymore! I will comment on all the cards for OLW75 and OLW76. Sorry it's taking so long.

Grab Bag Update
All but one of the large papercrafting grab bags are gone. All the scrapbooking bags are still available. Don't think that just because they have a small album or two that you have to use all the stuff for scrapbooking. There are plenty of stamps, card stock, ink, and embellishments in those boxes as well! For instructions on ordering, please go to the For Sale tab.

Use-My-Stamps Resolution and a New Inventory Plan
As I announced in January, my new crafting resolution is to use every image stamp I own. Again. Someone asked how I was going to keep track of which stamps I had used, and I realized that I didn't have a good answer for that. The first time around, I simply checked the stamps off in my stamp inventory, but as that inventory is hopelessly out of date and completely useless now, I didn't know how to track everything.

Soooo, now that I've purged a whole bunch of stamps, I decided it was time to do a new inventory, this one based on how I organize my stamps. I'll do a post soon with photographs of the new stamp storage categories and an explanation of the process for doing the inventory WITHOUT giving myself stamper's elbow. It'll be slow but methodical!



Supplies
stamps: SU (not sure of the set, though...I broke it up!)
ink: SU real red
paper: SU real red, PTI white
accessories: Corner Chomper, key charm (thanks, Audrie!), Martha Stewart punch

8 comments:

  1. I love the heart on heart image. I hadn't seen that MS punch - it's cute, especially with that charm. Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Good luck with your inventory-ing! I really need to do that, too, but I just don't have the time to inventory AND stamp, so I'm choosing to stamp:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Darn--I realized that I missed the deadline for this week's challenge. oops. Anyway, thoughts for your son, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you organize. I could probably do with a system, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, what? The grab bags are gone?! I've been waiting for the announcement! How the heck did I miss it? I've been haunting the "for sale" tab daily. DARN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I like your idea of making this my year also to try and use every one of my stamps - thanks for the inspiration. I am interested to see your stamp inventory idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, and so clever. And still simple. You are the queen, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful card, Susan!

    I was the one who asked about how you'd keep track of using every image stamp throughout your resolution. Thanks for responding. And thanks for saying you'll do a post soon on how you do an inventory. Doing an inventory of my stamps is one of my 2012 resolutions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!