Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Birthday Card Set with Modern Basics

I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing Christmas holiday. We did. And today, we dive into moving. As I wrote last week, posting may be spotty as we may not have internet at the new house right away. Plus, well, we have a lot to do. Things should be back to normal on the blog by the middle of next week at the latest. Thank you for your patience!

As I promised last week, here are more cards using the most basic CAS layout imaginable. I love that Modern Basics from Papertrey provides so many variations on this centered-up layout, and I think just maybe these are my favorites with this layout so far.













All three cards use Memento inks. I love how the darker colors of the last card create a completely different feel from the two pastel versions.

How-To Tips: To get the flower perfectly centered, I measured using a quilting ruler and put a tiny pencil dot in the center. Then, using a gridded acrylic block, I stamped the petal four times around the dot and finally covered the dot with self-adhesive bling.
Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Modern Basics
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: self-adhesive rhinestones


9 comments:

  1. I just knew you were going to reignite my desire for Modern Basics. These are lovely, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last card. I looked at that set and asked myself "What on earth would I do with that?" Funny how different things inspire different people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And thanks for the lesson on centering :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful, perfect, beautiful, etc. I can't believe I sold that set in frustration, just a few days before you started posting with it. Drats--well, I can always buy it back! Good luck with the move, and thanks for posting when you can. I truly look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing all the variations you have made with this set. Very inspirational! Enjoy your move and let your AR/OCD self take a break for a little while. ;) I pray everything will go smoothly, and will be here whenever you return. Take Care,

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very, very pretty. I can't believe the foresight you had to look at this stamp set, which seemed so "out there" to me, and see these lovely cards in your mind. You're amazing, and I appreciate you and your ideas so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey GF - still patiently waiting on the photo tutorial on using that ruler :). I literally just thought about that yesterday as I was trying to line up something....that didn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly lovely cards, Susan. Wishing you smooth moving and many happy times in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice cards! The difference in the effect of the bright colored flower vs the pastel flowers is quite noticeable. I like both. Good luck moving in, unpacking, organizing, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!