Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Breezy Life

My new A Muse stamps have been fun! What neat sets they have...very fun and versatile and perfect for clean-and-simple cards.

The idea for today's card came from some of the dies I've seen for chevrons and banners. Since I don't have a die cut machine, I wondered what I could make with my cheapo deco scissors. The wavy strips were made with wavy deco scissors and were not as hard to make as I thought, thought surely it's a bit more effort than a die would be. Also, I wanted the card to have both the peaceful stasis of the beach chair and the movement of wind and waves. I think I got that.


How-To Tips: Cut your strips longer than you want so you can trim them in alignment with each other, as I have done here. Always remember when using deco scissors: DO NOT CLOSE THE SCISSORS COMPLETELY! This creates unsightly divets. Instead, work in short segments, carefully aligning the blades with what has already been cut.

Chit Chat: I'm hoping to get back into my craft room Thursday. It feels like FOREVER, and in truth it's been NINE days. Just call me Ferris Bueller. I currently have over 500 unread blog posts in my Google Reader, a trashed house, and golden furry dust bunnies that are starting to attain sentience. Clearly, I need to catch up on stuff. I'm going to shake it up, baby. But right now, I just want to go to sleep.

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Supplies
stamps: A Muse
ink: Marina Mist, River Rock
paper: SU river rock, marina mist, bashful blue; PTI white
accessories: corner chomper, wavy deco scissors, dimensionals, glue pen, half pearls

15 comments:

  1. Ooo love the waves and color combo!!! I lost my creative mojo today (it might be hiding in the kitchen with the pile of dirty dishes) but your design inspired me to try again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Yes, you 'got' it with the wavy strips and the colours. TFS! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relax just looking at this card. Love the colours and the "breeze" of wavy lines.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love what you do with your deco scissors. And I now have Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... ringing through my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Thanks for the tip on cutting. And thanks for helping me learn a new word - sentience. Had to look that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I can't believe how cute and how creative this card is. You are so awesome! The second I saw it, I "got" it. You certainly accomplished what you wanted with the peace and calm of the beach, and the movement of water. This is just an amazing card, and I absolutely love it! Everyone I know is getting one of these this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just L-O-V-E this card! Once again, you've done magic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just perfect. You certainly did achieve what you wanted. I can almost see myself sitting in that chair at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always thought the A Muse style was great for simple cards, and it's just getting better with the new stuff. Your card is a great example. And you may have made me fall for Marina Mist single-handedly. It's so beautiful in this context.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still having trouble posting with Blogger. Can't believe you cut those by hand. I have trouble enough punching them! - SuperJen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can a card be tranquil because yours whispers calm to me:)
    Love the die-cut banners, they're so neat :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely nailed the beachy movement with your "faux" die cuts. :P Fabulous card.
    After my recent computer meltdown, I finally had to give in and "mark all as read" in Google Reader so I could start fresh. It made me feel badly... but also made me feel good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the simplicity of this and those wonderful, tranquil colours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderfull soooooo tranquill wish i was sat on the deckchair by the sea Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!