Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Giddy, I Tell Ya!

About three years ago, I bought a set of photopolymer stamps at my LSS by October Afternoon called Love Notes. I intended the set for scrapbook pages and stored it with my small collection of stamps that I really only thought I'd use on pages, not cards. Fact is, I can't remember ever using this set before.

Well, yesterday, I pulled out that sadly neglected set and made this:


I'm GIDDY! And just look at that colored card base. Go, me!!!!!!

Design Discussion: White space doesn't have to be white. All that empty blue space is really white space. Really.

Supplies
stamps: October Afternoon
ink: Memories soft stone, SU real red
paper: SU bashful blue, PTI white
accessories: dimensionals, small hole punch

19 comments:

  1. I love your enthusiasm, thanks for dusting off the stamps and sharing your excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you're giddy. Your card is awesome. Love the "white/blue" space. That is a great color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's soooooo cute! It would be a blow away to meet a stamp you couldn't turn into a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is your obssessive/compulsive side coping with all this colour? Card looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finding older stuff and suddenly realizing how awesome it is! Speaking of awesome: your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree - it has not have to be white all the time - just emty space does it!
    love your discussion points - I really learn a lot from it - thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "white space" is gorgeous. And your delight is contagious. Thanks so much for bringing sunshine into our lives, day after day after creative day!
    God Bless,
    Cynthia <><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go, you indeed!!! Seriously ♥ this card - that is just so adorable!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a totally delightful card, i love it! yep, definitely my favorite! thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you go girl - this is great! That little arrow is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I love the blue card base, especially with the red and white. Great card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! Love the stamp set you used!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan! This is so CUTE! LOVE that handmade notebook paper...and the cut out arrow really pops! Hope your doing well! Hugs...Cookie :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that you gave these cute, neglected stamps some (wait for it)... love. :P It turns out they make a great card, at least in your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sweet. I love the color combo and yeah for you using a blue cardbase!! I am glad to know I'm not the only one who buys sets and then never uses them!! sheesh!! what is wrong with us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wish I had this card to give my husband this anniversary,.. love this:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!