Friday, May 29, 2009

Wishing You Well with an Orange Tree



This card uses one of my favorite stamps...the swish from a Hero Arts clear set called Friendship Messages. This swish makes a great "ground" for all sorts of other stamps. Here, I used it for an orange tree and get well message. The simple layout gets its punch from the bright green galore color and the orange bling.

Simplicity Tip: Instead of coloring all the leaves one color, I colored the half of the leaves on the tree with a green galore marker and the other half with a gable green marker, with pretty random placement and no shading. Not sure if my picture conveys the added interest and depth this gives, but IRL it makes a huge difference.

Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI white, SU green galore
Ink: Palette chocolate, and SU green galore, gable green
Stamps: Hero Arts
Accessories: light orange rhinestones (Hero Arts), dark orange rhinestones (bougth at Michael's), SU dimensionals

13 comments:

  1. EXCEPTIONAL!!!! I need that swish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan this is AWESOME! LOVE that tree and the way soothing color...The bling is perfect!!!!!! Have a great weekend...P.S.I saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past today it was very cute! Highly recommended...Hugs...Cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That swish rocks! You rock! Seriously, you never fail to wow me with your CAS creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowie! I'm with Krystie, I need that swish, it's perfect. Beautiful colors, and great tip on the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I need that swish too! This card is so beautiful and understated, Susan. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. outstanding. this card took my breath away when I opened up your blog!! bravo!!! I love the swish too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's your details that make your cards so perfect: the "ground," two-color leaves (thanks for that great tip!), the bling. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep, me too...the swish is a must get! Love this card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your cards! The simplicity of them is wonderful and elegant. I have the swish, although I had to hunt for it, and will be using it much more now that I've seen what to do with it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like that swish for the ground. And the different colored leaves do add extra interest. The large expanse of white really draws your eye to the tree. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great Susan. I love the oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that swish too and the orange bling. Great card. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely, and I can see the differing coloured leaves :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!